Here you can get information about How to Change Your Wi-Fi Network Name and Password on an Xfinity xFi Gateway. Sometimes it can be hard to remember your Wi-Fi network name (aka SSID) and password, so we made it easy to see and change them from a few places. Here’s how.
Before you begin, remember that:
- These instructions are for leased Xfinity Gateways only. If you’re using an approved, non-Xfinity Internet device, visit xfinity.com/support/devices and select your modem or router to find out more information.
- Xfinity xFi Gateways broadcast two wireless signals/bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz). For the strongest and fastest connection available, we highly recommend using the same network name and password for both bands.
- After changing your network name or password, you’ll need to reconnect all your Wi-Fi devices. Read more about connecting to a Wi-Fi network
Table of Contents
Xfinity xFi puts you in the driver’s seat, letting you personalize and control your Wi-Fi experience. If you have an xFi Gateway, the Xfinity Status Center, My Account online and the My Account mobile app will redirect you to xFi to view and change Wi-Fi information. To manage it in xFi:
- Log in at on the Xfinity app (download on the App Store or Google Play). If you already have the Xfinity app, make sure you have updated to the latest version.
- Select Connect.
- Select your network on the Xfinity app or select See Network on the xFi website.
- To see your password, select Show Password.
- Select Edit Wi-Fi on the xFi website or select the pencil icon on the Xfinity app to make changes.
Xfinity My Account Online
To get your Wi-Fi information on My Account using your computer, tablet or phone:
- Log in to My Account.
- If you don’t remember your username and password, we can help find your username and reset your password.
- Select Settings on the top of the page. (You can also select Manage Settings on the right-hand side or scroll down and choose the Manage Internet tile.)
- Select Wi-Fi Network & Password under Xfinity ID, Passwords & PINs.
- Depending on the type of Xfinity Gateway on your account, select Edit with xFi or Edit.
- From here, you can change your Wi-Fi network’s name and password.
Xfinity My Account App for Mobile Devices
The Xfinity My Account app lets you manage your Xfinity services and account settings on the go.
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Sign into the Xfinity My Account app.
- Select Internet on the bottom menu.
- Select the picture of the Gateway you want to change.
- Select Show Wi-Fi settings to see your Wi-Fi information.
Select Change Wi-Fi Settings to customize your settings. If you lease an xFi Gateway, you’ll see an option to Change Settings in xFi and will be taken to the xFi portal.
Xfinity Wireless Gateway Admin Tool
A lot of people like using My Account, xFi, and X1. But if you’re more advanced, you might also want to try the Xfinity Admin Tool.
- Connect a computer, tablet or phone to your network. You can either use Wi-Fi or hook up an Ethernet cable to your Gateway.
- Open a web browser and go to the Admin Tool (http://10.0.0.1). This is the Wireless Gateway’s administration site. The default settings to open the Admin Tool are:
- Username: admin
- Password: password (case sensitive)
- Select Login.
Note: If you changed your Admin Tool password before, use your new login info. If you don’t remember your Admin Tool password, you’ll have to factory reset your Wireless Gateway.
- On the left navigation menu, choose Gateway, then Connection and then Wi-Fi.
- Under Private Wi-Fi Network, you’ll see the name (SSID) of your Wi-Fi network.
- Select Edit. If you see two network names, select Edit for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands to view each band’s settings.
- Check the box next to Show Network Password and you’ll see your password.
- After making changes, select Save Settings.
Default WiFi Information (View Only)
Your Xfinity Wireless Gateway comes with a default Wi-Fi network name and password. Most Xfinity Gateways require that the default Wi-Fi name and password are changed during installation. If your default Wi-Fi name and password were not changed during your install or if you have restored factory settings on your Gateway, you can find the default Wi-Fi information on the side or bottom of your Gateway:
If you’ve never changed your Wi-Fi network name and password, we strongly recommend that you change them to improve the security of your home network.