On this page, you can know about How To Clear Cache And Cookies On Chrome. If you’re trying to fix loading or formatting issues to improve your browsing experience on Google Chrome, clearing your cache and cookies is an excellent place to start. Here’s how and what happens when you delete them.
All this web surfing can fill up your browser’s cache pretty quickly. If you’re using Google Chrome and find that things are getting a little sluggish or the browser keeps freezing, it may be time to clear your browser’s cookies.
How to Clear Chrome’s Cache and Cookies
Before we begin, these instructions are for clearing Chrome’s cache and cookies on your Windows 10, 11, or Mac computer. We have separate guides for iPhone, iPad, and Android.
To clear the cache and cookies in Chrome, you’ll need to access the browser’s Settings menu. There are three different ways you can get here.
- The first way is to click the three vertical dots icon in the top-right corner of the screen, hovering over “More Tools,” and then selecting “Clear Browsing Data.”
- You may have noticed from the above image that there is a shortcut key you can use. To go straight to the page to clear your cache and cookies, simultaneously press down on the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys.
- Alternatively, you can enter chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in the address bar.
- Regardless of which method of navigation you choose, you should now be at the “Clear Browsing Data” window.
- The first thing you’ll do here is select the time range for deleting the cookies and cache. Click the arrow in the box next to “Time Range” to expand the menu and then select the desired time range. This is set to “All Time” by default.
- Next, check the boxes next to “Cookies And Other Site Data” and “Cached Images And Files.”
- Once the boxes are checked, select the “Clear Data” button.
- After a few moments, your cache and cookies will be cleared.
How to clear cookies on the Google Chrome app for iPhone or iPad
- Open the Chrome app on your iPhone or iPad.
- On the browser’s home screen, tap the icon of three horizontal dots in the bottom-right corner and select History in the pop-up.
- On the bottom of the History page, tap Clear Browsing Data
- On the Clear Browsing Data page, choose what data you want to clear by tapping each option on the page—a check mark will appear next to selected items. You can clear browsing history, download history, cookies and other site data, cached images and files, passwords, and more. Then select an option in the Time range section at the top—select All time if you want to clear everything.
- Once you’ve selected your time range and types of data to clear, tap Clear Browsing Data at the bottom of the page. In the pop-up, hit Clear Browsing Data again to confirm.
How to clear cookies on the Google Chrome app for Android
- Open the Chrome app on your Android device.
- In the upper-right corner of the app’s screen, tap the More icon of three vertical dots, and tap History in the pop-up.
- On the History page, tap Clear Browsing Data… at the top.
- On the Clear browsing data page, choose what data you want to clear by tapping the checkbox next to each option on the page. You can clear browsing history, download history, cookies and other site data, cached images and files, passwords, and more. Then select an option in the Time range section at the top—select All time if you want to clear everything.
- Once you’ve selected your time range and types of data to clear, tap clear data at the bottom of the page.