In this post, you can know about How To Reset Canon Pixma Ink Cartridges easily. Canon Pixma ink cartridges are usually containers with the ink required for printing documents.
Canon Pixma Ink is necessary to regularly check the ink level inside your ink cartridge. If the ink level inside the cartridge is lower than the expected level, replace it immediately. Inside the ink cartridge, sensors are present that allow it to check the ink level. It is recommended that you use genuine ink cartridges that are compatible with your Canon Pixma printer.
How to Reset Canon Pixma Ink Cartridges
Canon PIXMA printers have a special chip that is inserted into their ink cartridges. The function of the chip is to tell when the ink is low or when the cartridge is empty. Printers are technical devices and have some drawbacks.
One of the major drawbacks is that most printers will not work even when the ink cartridge is empty. In this case, you must reset the Canon ink cartridge, which requires a chip reset that is designed for the particular cartridge model. Chip resetters are available as a product and are also included with the refill kit.
Below are ways to reset the Canon Pixma ink cartridge:
- Remove the cartridge from the printer first. Then insert the cartridge into the main channel of the resistor.
Must contact the chip
- Now you need to check that the ink cartridge chip needs to make contact with the resistor contact plate.
- Gently press on the cartridge for a few seconds. The LED light will blink several times on the chip reset. This suggests that the cartridge made contact with the chip. Keep the cartridge in one place for five seconds until the LED light begins to emit a steady, steady light.
- Finally, remove the ink cartridge from the chip reset. If you want to reset another ink cartridge online then you can follow the same procedure. When the process is complete, install the cartridge in the printer.
We assure you that by following the above steps, you will be able to successfully reset your Canon Pixma ink cartridge. This is a fairly simple process and every printer user should perform this whenever the printer displays a low ink level warning, even if there is enough ink left in the cartridge.
How do I Reset Canon Ink Cartridges?
- The first thing is to press the power button to turn off the printer.
- Second, hold down the shutdown or reset button while pressing the power button. Release the power off / reset button while pressing the power button and press it twice in a row.
- Wait for 20 to 30 seconds until the LED displays 0.
- Now press “Stop / Reset” four times in a row.
- Double press the power button.
- Turn off the printer by pressing the power button again. The printer is now reset.
- Now, to reset the cartridge, disconnect the power supply and USB cable from the printer.
- After that, open the cartridge access door and hold down the power button.
- Then reconnect the power cables while holding down the power button.
- Finally, close the cartridge access door and release the button. The ink cartridge is reset.
Factory Reset your Canon printer
This is another way to reset ink from a Canon printer. You can fix this problem by doing a factory reset.
- In the menu of your Canon printer, you will see the factory reset option. To select the factory reset option, you need to connect to the home network and resume the entire setup process.
- First, turn on your printer and open the menu to access the factory reset option. After “Device Settings” use the directional arrows to go to the configuration menu.
- Choose the Reset Settings option and choose OK to restart the process.
I hope you guys know you can reset your Canon Pixma ink cartridge after following these steps.