Right here, you can get information about How To Reset Google Home Speaker easily. Your Google Home smart speaker may be a joy to bark commands at most of the time, but the need for a reset is always lurking in the background. When the Google Assistant runs into problems, such as not responding to your queries, it’s likely it’ll need something from you to shake it back to life.
However, it’s not as straightforward as you may think, with different steps for giving your Google Nest speaker or hub a simple restart and a hard, factory reset.
Right here, we can do:
- Original Google Home reset
- Reset Google Nest Mini
- Reset Google Home Mini
- Reset Google Home Max
- Google Nest Hub Max reset
- Reset Google Nest Hub
- Nest Audio reset.
Table of Contents
How to reset Google Nest Home smart speaker
If I no longer want my Google device associated with My account, I’ll want to restore factory settings. How I do this varies slightly depending on which device its own, so observe the sections below carefully.
Also, be aware that I can’t reset any Home device using my voice or by going through the Google Home app, and any reset I do perform can’t be undone.
A. Original Google Home reset
- Press and hold the microphone mute button on the back of the speaker for 15 seconds. I’ll hear the Google Assistant confirm it’s resetting.
B. Reset Google Nest Mini
- Slide the microphone switch to the off position. We’ll hear the Google Assistant announce that the microphone is off, and we’ll see the lights on the top of the speaker pulse orange.
- Press and hold the center of the top of the speaker. After a few seconds, we’ll hear a warning that about to “completely reset this device.” Continue holding the finger on the speaker.
- After 10 seconds, we’ll hear a tone. Release the finger and wait while the speaker resets and restarts.
C. Google Home Mini reset
- Press and hold the factory reset button (below the power cable on the bottom of Mini) for 15 seconds. Upon doing so, the Google Assistant will confirm that it’s resetting the speaker.
D. Reset Google Home Max
- Press and hold the factory reset button (located near the power cable on the back of Max) for 12 seconds. We’ll then hear the Google Assistant confirm that it’s resetting your Max.
E. Google Nest Hub Max reset
- To reset the Nest Hub Max, hold both volume buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. Then we’ll see a warning on the display and then hear Google Assistant confirm it’s resetting the device.
- Let go of the buttons if we don’t want to factory reset the speaker.
F. Reset Google Nest Hub.
- To reset the Google Home Hub or Google Nest Hub, press and hold both volume buttons (located on the back) simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- Then we’ll hear the Google Assistant confirm that it’s resetting your Hub and, we’ll see a warning displayed on the screen.
G. Nest Audio reset
- Turn the microphone off, using the switch on the back.
- Then we’ll see the lights turn orange and then press and hold the center of the Nest Audio, up top.
- Wait 5 seconds and the factory reset process will begin.
- Hold on for 10 seconds more, and we’ll hear a sound confirming that the smart speaker is resetting.