Here you can get information about How to Restart Xfinity Router. Many common Wi-Fi connectivity issues can be solved by restarting your Xfinity Gateway (our all- in-one Wi-Fi modem and router). The process takes about 10 minutes, and you won’t lose your home network settings.
However, we’ll offer the option to schedule an appointment with a technician, If our system detects a problem that isn’t fixable using our online troubleshooting experience.
What Happens During a Restart
During the restart process, you won’t be able to use your home network. If you have Xfinity Voice , you won’t be able to make or receive calls, including emergency 911 calls, from your home phone until your Gateway is back online. If you have Xfinity Home, you will not have access to cameras and any connected home automation devices. Security sensors will not be affected.
Restarting Your Xfinity xFi Gateway
If you rent an xFi Gateway, you can go to xfinity.com/myxfi or use the Xfinity app, which is available for free on the App Store and Google Play, and sign in using your Xfinity ID and password.
- On the xFi website, scroll down to Troubleshooting and select Restart.
- In the Xfinity app, scroll down to Connection Trouble and select Restart Gateway.
Restarting Your Gateway via the Xfinity My Account App
- Open the Xfinity My Account app (available on Apple and Android devices).
- Scroll down and select the Internet tile.
- Select your modem, then select Restart this device (which can take up to seven minutes).
Restarting Your Xfinity Gateway via My Account Online
- Log in to your account at xfinity.com/myaccount using your Xfinity ID and password.
- Scroll down and select Manage Internet.
- Select Restart Modem to begin troubleshooting.
- Select Start Troubleshooting to begin your modem restart. This can take up to seven minutes and your Internet will be offline during this process.
Manually Restarting Your Wireless Gateway, Modem or Router
You can manually restart your Gateway, as well as most third-party networking equipment, by following these steps:
- Unplug the power cable.
- Wait one minute.
- Plug the power cable back in.