Here you can get information about Restore Lenovo Laptop to factory settings. Here is easily explaining how to factory reset a Lenovo laptop running on Windows 10. Lenovo offers two options for factory resetting your device: You can keep your files or remove them.
What to Know
- From the Windows Start icon, choose Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, and under reset this PC, select Get Started.
- Choose between resetting while saving your files or deleting everything and reinstalling Windows.
How to Reset Your Lenovo Laptop While Saving Files
You may opt to delete just your files or wipe all files and clean the hard drive to start from scratch. Whichever route you choose, resetting also includes a fresh installation of Windows on your Lenovo laptop. To preserve your documents and files when you reset, follow these steps.
- From the Start menu, go to Settings > Update & Security.
- Choose Recovery and under Reset this PC, select Get Started.
- Choose Keep my files to save your documents.
- You’ll see a message saying This won’t take long as the system readies your machine for a reset.
- Next, you’ll be prompted to review the changes, including removing all apps you’ve added, resetting the machine to system defaults, and reinstalling Windows.
- Click Reset to confirm and start the process.
Important: Factory resetting your Lenovo laptop may take a long time. To ensure it goes smoothly, keep your laptop is plugged into a power source.
How to Perform a Hard Reset and Remove Files
If you’ll be donating your laptop or you want to fix nagging issues with a clean slate, try a hard reset to wipe the machine of everything and sets it to zero.
- From the Windows Start menu, choose Settings > Update & Security > Recovery.
- Under Reset this PC, select Get Started > Removing everything.
- If you’ll be keeping your PC, choose Just remove my files.
- If you are donating your laptop or prefer to perform a more detailed reset, choose Remove everything > Remove files and clean the drive to delete all apps and custom settings.
- Whichever option you select, once you’re ready to begin, click Reset.