Right here, you can get information about How To Reset Google Nest Thermostat easily. Whether your Nest thermostat seems sluggish, can’t connect to Wi-Fi, or is frozen, you can try restarting or resetting it to its factory settings to restore it to normal.
Restarting it is the more desirable option because it retains all of your settings, but a factory reset may still be necessary.
Table of Contents
How can I Reset my Nest Thermostat from Its Settings
If my Nest thermostat still responds to the ring and pressing down on various options, follow these instructions:
- First, press down on the thermostat to access the menu.
- Next, turn the ring until Settings (gear icon) is highlighted.
- After, press down once to select Settings.
- Then, turn the ring to scroll through the settings options until I see Reset and press down once to select it.
- From here, I have two options:
- Restart your Nest thermostat.
- Factory reset your Nest thermostat.
- To restart my Nest thermostat, select Restart and press down once to select it.
- Turn the ring all the way around to confirm, then select OK and press down once. The Nest thermostat may take a few minutes to shut down and reboot itself.
- To factory reset it, turn the ring clockwise until All Settings are highlighted and press down once to select it.
- Select Reset and press down once to confirm.
- Turn the ring clockwise all the way around to confirm, then select OK and press down once. My Nest thermostat may take a few minutes to reset to its factory settings.
- Set up my thermostat again from scratch by selecting the preferred language, connecting it to Wi-Fi, and more.
How do I Reset an Unresponsive Nest Thermostat
If my Nest thermostat isn’t responding when I turn the ring or press down on it to select an option, follow these instructions.
- Press and hold down the thermostat until the screen goes dark and a small light flashes at the top.
- I should see the Google logo appear in a few moments, signifying that the thermostat is shutting down and restarting.
- If the restart is successful, my thermostat should work as expected.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I reset my Nest Thermostat schedule?
- On the Nest Thermostat, go to Settings > Reset > Auto-Schedule.
- Alternatively, open the Nest app on my mobile device.
- Then, choose the Nest Thermostat.
- After, go to Settings > Auto-Schedule.
- Then, tap the switch to turn it off.
2. How do I reset the PIN on my Nest Thermostat?
In the Nest app on my phone, choose the thermostat and go to Settings > Unlock to remove the PIN. If I want to set a new PIN, select Lock on the Settings screen.
3. How can I tell if my Nest thermostat is charged?
While my Nest Thermostat is charging, the red light at the top should blink. When it stops blinking, the thermostat has a full charge.
4. How do I connect my Nest Thermostat to my Google Home?
Open the Google Assistant app and tap my profile icon, then select Home control > Devices > Plus (+) > Nest. From there, I can connect the Nest to Google Home. To control the thermostat, use commands like “Hey Google, set the temperature at 72 degrees” or “Raise the temperature by 2 degrees.”