Right here, You can get information about How To Hard Reset Xbox Series S easily. If your Xbox has locked up or frozen during a game, you may need to perform a ‘hard restart’. To do this, you’ll need to hold the Xbox power button on the front of your console for several seconds to fully power down the console.
We’re here to help with that, so if you’re stuck then follow the hard reset Xbox Series X process as outlined below, and you’ll be gaming again in no time.
Right here, you can do:
- Hard reset on Xbox Series S
- How to restart Xbox Series S
- Restart Xbox Series S via Power Center
- Restart Xbox Series S via Guide.
How do I hard reset on my Xbox Series S
If my console has crashed or otherwise become unresponsive, then I’ll need to hard reset my Xbox Series S instead to resolve the issue. To do this, follow the process outlined here:
- Hold the Xbox button on the console for around 10 seconds until it powers off
- Press the Xbox button on either the console or the controller to turn back on
- If the green Xbox logo splash screen doesn’t appear, and I go straight into the dashboard, then I can not have held down the Xbox button on the console for long enough to override instant-on mode.
- Make sure that hold the button for a minimum of 10 seconds until the console turns off, then if needed to unplug the power cable for at least 10 more seconds to ensure, I will completely hard reset my Xbox Series S.
- With that done, reconnect the power and follow the usual process to start up the console once again.
Note that none of the procedures explained in this guide will erase any of the games or personal data stored on Xbox Series X, and are only intended to resolve certain issues that cause the console to temporarily lock up.
How can I restart on my Xbox Series S/X
The easiest way to restart an Xbox Series X is to navigate to that option through the menus with the controller, though naturally this only works if my console is functioning correctly.
There are actually two different routes to do this:
A. Restart Xbox Series S/X via Power Center.
- First, hold the Xbox button on the controller to open Power Center
- After choose Restart console.
- Then, select Restart.
B. Restart Xbox Series S/X via Guide.
- First, press the Xbox button on the controller to open Guide
- Navigate through Profile & system > Settings > General > Power mode & start-up
- Then, choose Restart now. That’s it.