Here you can get information about How To Reset Fire Stick Without Remote. If so then you are at the right place as in this article we are going to learn the complete method to factory reset device without using the remote control. It is because from past weeks I have received several emails as few of my visitors are facing issue with their device. They are willing to restore it, but the problem is they do not have remote as they just lost it. This is why I am here to help them and my other visitors as well so whenever someone faces this issue they overcome it in no time.
However, it is recommended to keep reading this article until the very end as if you missed anything ere you might not be able to understand this guide. Even though this article is useful for all devices including Firestick 4K, Fire TV Stick 2nd, 3rd Generation, Fire TV Cube and the latest Fire TV Lite as well.
Table of Contents
Can I Reset Fire Stick Without Remote
Before we move towards the next section I just want to answer you a simple question. As I saw many people on different forums are asking if is there’s any way to reset Fire Stick without remote or not? So, the answer is Yes fortunately Amazon let its users to factory reset their device without using the remote.
It’s because there are several options available for us to operate this device as we can use HDMI-CEC enabled remote. Most universal remote might not work properly but if you find a working one then using this you can connect the wireless keyboard. So with this, you’ll be able to operate your Fire TV wireless and use it without a remote.
There are plenty keyboards available out there so get the best and suitable keyboard from here Best Wireless Keyboard for Firestick
But in case if nothing is working properly then, fortunately, we still have another option left that’s Fire TV Remote application. It’s available on both Android and iOS devices that works pretty fine. So, with the help of this virtual remote, we will be able to reset Fire Stick without the remote.
Reset Fire Stick Without Remote Control
So, if you already used a 3rd-party universal remote and tried Bluetooth keyboard as well but can’t find any luck? Then the last option we have left is to use the Fire TV remote application to reset. It is the best app that can be downloaded from Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store free of cost.
This app provides the simple and easy to use interfaces like touch Gesture or navigation keys for moving left, right, up, down. Even though it is best to type quickly using the phone’s keyboard and it comes with the Alexa button as well. This is quite amazing as I personally use it because of the keyboard for searching apps or content.
- First, go to your App Store on Android or iOS and search for Fire TV Remote and open the first app.
- After this click on the Install or Get and then this app will start downloading and once completes tap on Open to launch it.
- When launching it for the first time you will see Fire TV Announcements just ignore it by taping on No, Thanks.
- Now connect to the same WiFi you are using on TV and then you will notice Fire TV name appears on the screen just tap on it.
- Once you tap on the name a code will appear on TV just type the Code on your mobile to Pair Remote.
- The mobile is now paired and now you can tap and select the direction to use navigation key. Now we need to reset Firestick.
- Click on the Setting icon above.
- Now Here you can see options you can send your FireTV into Sleep mode as well, but we need to click on FireTV Settings
- After going to Settings now move forward and then open My Fire TV section.
- From here just scroll down and then tap on Reset to Factory Defaults.
After you select this a warning will appear as You Are About to Reset this device. So, when you are asked for confirmation just select Reset button.
That’s it for today as by following the above guide you are now able to Reset Fire Stick without the remote control. However, I have explained everything related to this issue as most people are asking for this. If you still don’t know how it works then you should simply go above and check out the steps provided there.
Although the problem is after resetting you will be required to Set Up Firestick again and for those remote is mandatory. This is why you should buy a replacement remote from Amazon website. As without this, you won’t be able to set up it or use your device like you were using before.