On this page, you can get information about How To Reset My Facebook Password easily. This article explains how to reset your Facebook account password on a desktop computer. Such is the impact of Facebook that there are now specific courses available that teach young entrepreneurs the magic of leveraging the power of Facebook.
It includes information on resetting the password in the Facebook app for mobile devices.
How to Reset Facebook Password on the Desktop
Many users opt to stay logged in to Facebook on their computers and mobile devices so that it’s easy to access the social media site. However, when you’re inadvertently logged out, you may not remember your password. You can’t recover your password because Facebook doesn’t know it, but you can reset it.
Here’s what to do from Facebook on the desktop in a browser:
- If you’re on a device that was recently logged in to your Facebook account, Facebook may be able to save the day by presenting you with Recent Logins. If you see your account profile, select it to log in to your account automatically.
- If you’re on a new device or Facebook doesn’t remember your last login, navigate to the Facebook Find Your Account page.
- Enter your email address, phone number, your full name, or your username. Then, select Search.
- If you entered an email address or phone number and Facebook finds a match, select how you want to receive your password reset code and then select Continue.
- If you entered a name in the search field, Facebook shows you matching search results. Select This Is My Account if you see your profile picture, or select I am Not in This List.
- If you selected your account, choose how you want to receive the password reset code and then select Continue.
- If you found your account but don’t have access to the phone number and email you set up, Facebook can’t verify your identity.
- If you found your account and selected a method for receiving your reset code, enter the security code you received and select Continue.
- Enter a new password and select Continue. You’ve successfully changed your password.
- Facebook displays a message advising you to log out of other devices in case someone else has access to your old password. Select Log out of other devices or stay logged in, and then select Continue.
- You’re back in your account, ready to share and like.
Reset Facebook Password From the Facebook App
If you use Facebook on an iOS or Android device, here’s how to recover your account.
- On the Facebook login screen, tap Forgot Password.
- Enter a phone number, email address, name, or username.
- Select Confirm via Email or Confirm via Text, depending on your settings, and then tap Continue.
- Enter the password reset code.
- Choose Keep me logged in or Log me out of other devices and tap Continue.
- Enter a new password and tap Continue. You’re now back in your Facebook account.
How to Recover Facebook Password without Confirmation Reset Code
Maybe you can’t access the email address and phone number you used to add to your profile. Or maybe a hacker changed this information. In this case, you can try these following solutions.
Try logging in with an alternate email or phone number
If you’re unable to log in to Facebook using your usual login credentials, try using an alternate email address or phone number. If you’ve listed more than one email address or phone number on your account, but still remember your password, this could be all you need to do.
Note: If you don’t know what alternate information you have, go to facebook.com/login/identify and follow the instructions. Make sure to use a computer or mobile phone that you have previously used to log into your Facebook account.
- To start the process, go to the login page and click on the forgot password.
- Click on the option that you do not have access to your email address in the lower-left corner of the reset password page to start the Facebook account recovery process.
- Enter an email address you previously added to your Facebook account. Choose This is My Account when you see your profile photo, and follow the instructions from there to reset your password and regain access to your account.
Try Trusted Contacts
If you have Trusted Contacts set up, you can ask them to help you recover your Facebook account in the next step. You need to remember the full name of at least one of three to five trusted contacts to show all contacts. Please note that you only need three codes to restore your Facebook account.
If you don’t set up trusted contacts, you can choose to answer one of the security questions and reset your password on the spot. As an extra precaution, you need to wait 24 hours before accessing your account.
Otherwise, you may have to wait until Facebook contacts you to verify your identity. Be patient.